Job Title: Rigger
Project: Spirit - Onshore
Duration: 11 weeks
WorleyParsons is recruiting for 2 Riggers for an 11 week contract to join our site team at Barrow Gas Terminal.
- To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent rigging / lifting construction service in accordance with Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures whilst conforming to UK Regulations and Standards.
- To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
- To ensure all that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
- To perform all required discipline tasks safely and consistently in accordance with Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures whilst conforming to National Regulations and Standards.
- Read, understand and implement all applicable Project / Company requirements, standards and procedures and ensure that all rigging / lifting activities are completed in compliance with the applicable National Regulations and Standards and to a high standard of safety.
- Perform rigging / lifting duties as requested by the Project / Company, ensuring that all lifting equipment and accessories are utilised in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions and/or recommendations.
- Understanding of and development of lifting plans to enable the execution of rigging / lifting duties.
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments to ensure rigging / lifting activities are completed in a safe and controlled manner.
- Raise awareness of conflicting activities or unforeseen difficulties which could affect rigging / lifting operations.
- Raising applicable Permit to Works in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Select appropriate lifting accessories and ensure they are attached / detached between the load and lifting equipment in a correct and safe manner.
- Use clear and unambiguous hand / radio signals to safely direct the actions of a crane manoeuvring loads of various weights and dimensions.
- Carry out routine checks on lifting equipment and accessories in accordance with the prescribed maintenance procedure and ensure they are in a serviceable condition before and after use.
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade (CV).
- CCNSG safety passport.
- CPCS A40 Slinger / Signaller.
- ECITB Level 3 Diploma in Moving Engineering Construction Loads or ECTIB Erecting Engineering Construction Capital Plant Steel Structures
- WorleyParsons mandatory training: Induction, Working at Height, Risk Awareness.
- COSHH Awareness.
- Lifting Equipment Inspection.
- Rigging Loft Management.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations (CV).
- Experienced Slinger / Signaller with good mobile crane knowledge (lifting operations).
- Demonstrable experience in rigging & lifting operations on plant shutdowns.
- Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English.
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practises and can demonstrate commitment to safe working at all times. You must be familiar with health and safety procedures relating to construction activities and be committed to ensuring health and safety procedures are followed.
- Can demonstrate the ability to read and understand procedures, specifications and drawings etc. In particular those pertaining to rigging & lifting operations.
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Rigger / Signalman as defined in associated job specification
- Carry out pre and post use of lifting equipment inspection to verify it is fit for purpose.