Job title: Maintenance Technician (Instrument)
Location: Onshore (Barrow Gas Terminal)
Project: Spirit Energy
Duration: 6 Months
We are looking for highly experienced candidates to join our site team at Barrow Gas Terminal.
Key elements of this role is to ensure that the performance and availability of instrumentation and control systems meets the standards required to achieve safety, production and environmental targets.
Key aims and objectives:
- To execute all activities safely and efficiently to agreed work plans, safety management system requirements and best working practices.Carrying out planned maintenance in accordance with the requirements of the planned maintenance system.
- Assisting with the coordination of spare parts requirements and the optimisation of spares stack levels
- Carrying out unplanned maintenance as required
- Fault finding and rectification for instrumentation systems
- Carrying out isolations of instrument and control systems
- Holding special responsibility for the maintenance of fire and gas detection and alarm systems
- Inspection and maintenance of instrumentation equipment in hazardous areas
All candidates must have the following qualifications & certification:
- Recognised Instrument Apprenticeship or equivalent training scheme
- HNC in Control/ Instrumentation Engineering (Post 2009 apprenticeships)
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 certification or equivalent in Maintenance
- COMPEX (Hazardous Area)
- Minimum SBT01&02 (must be current i.e. within previous 12 months) or current TSBT01&02 (Instrument disciplines only)
ideally, candidates will also have the following experience:
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon/Industrial production systems and associated hazards
- Good understanding of process instrumentation
- Good knowledge of process control systems
- Good knowledge of fire and gas detection and ESD systems
- Clear understanding of cause and effect logic diagrams
- Fully familiar with the permit to work system and isolation procedures
- Motivated and eager to contribute to continuous improvement both at a personal level and at a platform team level.
- Adhere to SHE principles, demonstrating commitment to safety through language, willingness to learn, behaviour and actions, complying with WorleyParsons safety practices and committed to zero tolerance of unsafe acts
- Good IT skills, building on existing proficiency and developing competence in the Company’s and/or Client’s CMMS
- Thorough and reliable worker showing attention to detail and a focus on achieving objectives in the most safe and efficient manner
- Must work at all times in the best interest of WorleyParsons and comply with the requirements of the Company's and/or the Client's Safety Management System(SMS)