To provide accurate cost effective PCB designs specific to project requirements and the development of such designs until production release, in accordance with the companies Design processes. To undertake the modification of existing PCB designs as required by the companies engineering change process. To support operations and quality in all PCB design related activity.
- Generate PCB designs and manufacturing information for requested PCB’s in line with departmental procedures and project requirements using Cadstar PCB design software to create the full document pack. Experience of Blueprint and AutoCAD software would be beneficial to support the above.
- Be the technical authority for the design and specification of printed circuit boards and any specific manufacturing processes with emphasis on Value Engineering and cost effective manufacturing.
- Work with the Design Team and/or Project team to ensure effective integration of PCB’s into the product design, with emphasis on fit, function and manufacturability.
- Ensure the correct and effective control of all PCB designs and supporting data to ensure compliance with company and project requirements as required by the companies procedures.
- Work with the Mechanical Design function to ensure effective integration of PCB’s into the mechanical assembly with emphasis on fit, function and manufacturability.
- Ability to liaise with internal departments as well as suppliers as required, ensuring that all PCB requirements are met.
- The ability to evaluate the methodology applied to ensure continued improvement of the PCB Design Process therefore reducing the cost of designing and manufacturing PCB’s by the introduction of new processes, techniques and technologies.
- Manage all PCB subcontract design as necessary, including internal and external subcontractors.
- To lead, generate and maintain Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Failure Mode and Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Cause & Effect (C&E) matrices to derive effective risk mitigation control plans
- Actively follow the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work, and be responsible for your own health and welfare, working with colleagues to ensure that the working environment is safe. This includes following instructions and actively participating in training and development to ensure compliance and best practice in this area. Recognised qualification in reliability engineering or related Six Sigma discipline
- Desirable: HND / Degree Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Certified Interconnect Designer – Advanced) CID+
- Essential: HNC / ONC Electrical Engineering or equivalent and be fully conversant with IPC standards and be IPC qualified (Certified Interconnect Designer – Basic) CID preferred.
- Experience of multi-layer PCB design and manufacturing in an engineering focused company, some exposure to high current boards a prerequisite.
- MS Windows, CADStar, Blueprint, MRP/ERP, data management software.Desirable:
- Rail, Energy and/or Industrial Power Products
Essential: Ability to work with minimum supervision to agreed timescales, innovative approach to PCB design, demonstrate good electrical engineering knowledge. Attention to detail and ability to complete fully assigned tasks.
Skills & Competence Level
- Demonstrable experience of applying reliability studies and analysis to electrical and electronic components and assemblies